How can I safely plan my visit to the distillery?
- *All guests must be wearing a mask in order to enter the property*
- We request that you always make a reservation online in advance so we can manage capacity.
- Retail only access is allowed, but may require a wait prior to entry due to capacity restrictions.
- We are taking significant measures in the interest and safety of our guests and staff. We ask that you do so as well, and recommend the following efforts that you can proactively take:
- Bring a mask and hand sanitizer.
- Practice safe social distancing.
- Do not shake hands or cheers your glasses with members outside of your party.
- Bring cashless methods of payment - although cash will be accepted upon request.
- If you feel ill or are not in good health, please stay home. If you are unsure whether a visit is a good idea, please consult your medical professionals.
What happens if you reach capacity?
- Tour availability will be reflected online. Once capacity is reached, guests may select a different day and/or time to visit and make a reservation.
Do I have to wear a mask?
- Guests must wear a mask to enter the property, while on tour and also to access the shop and indoor restrooms.
- Guests must wear masks when moving through the space or standing in line, but they will not be required during the self-guided tastings or once you are enjoying your whiskey at tables or in the individual seating areas.
I don’t have a mask. Can I buy one?
- We will be happy to provide you with a mask.
What extra precautions is the distillery experience taking to ensure my safety?
- We’re following all CDC, local and federal guidelines, as well as additional Diageo preparedness measures.
- We will sanitize surfaces between each tour and seating, and all our staff will wear masks.
- Each seating area will be limited to 6 guests to ensure social distancing.
- Free hand sanitizer will be provided across the entire property and at all seating areas.
- All staff members will receive new training on processes and protocol, daily temperature checks and be required to wear masks. In addition, we are staggering employee shifts to isolate groups wherever possible.
- We encourage only those in good health to visit the distillery experience.
Where can we get the latest news about the distillery and its operations?
- This FAQ will be kept up to date on the website as will our social media channels.
When will more tours and tastings reopen?
- Additional reopening details are subject to guidance from the State and health professions. Please check back on our website and social handles for updates.
What is my experience?
- We will be open Thursday-Sunday, offering several public tours per day. Reservations are required for tours, and availability varies depending on the day. Guests can come anytime, without a reservation, for a self-guided tasting. We will have cocktails available for purchase and limited outdoor seating.
How will the tasting work?
- Tastings will occur at the end of each tour experience in our tasting rooms. Guests will be spaced out in order to properly social distance.
- Guests can also do a self-guided tasting only experience at any time. Keep in mind, there may be wait times in order to keep the patio and tasting areas to a certain number of people.
Are you going to offer a full cocktail bar?
- We are offering two options of craft cocktails. These can be purchased in our gift shop.
What are the operating hours?
- Select Wednesdays: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Am I able to use the restroom?
- Restrooms inside the building will be open and available. We ask all guests to please practice social distancing while inside the building and wear a face mask or covering.
How big is the outdoor space? How many seating areas?
- Stitzel-Weller Distillery has a covered patio option that seats up to 20 and lawn area for guests to easily mingle and social distance themselves.
How frequently are your outdoor tables / chairs cleaned?
- Tables and chairs will be cleaned between each new group of guests.
How can I purchase merchandise?
- Our shop will be open Thursday-Sunday. Contactless-payment will be enacted as well as plexi-glass barriers for additional safety at check-out.
Can I plan a private event?
- We’re reviewing private events requests on a case by case basis. Anyone interested should contact Elizabeth Dowell at Elizabeth.firstname.lastname@example.org.