How long is the tour?
- Our Stitzel-Weller Experience is 1 hour. Our Uncovered Tour is 1.5 hours. The Taste of History (tasting-only) is 30 minutes. When available, our Orphan Barrel Tasting is 30 minutes.
What are the operating hours?
- Wednesday- Saturday: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Sunday: 12:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Do I need a reservation to visit?
- All tours and tasting-only experiences require a reservation. You can view availability and book online here: https://www.stitzelwellerdistillery.com/visit-us
- If what you are looking for is sold out, you can still visit us anytime during our open business hours and purchase a self-guided tasting flight or cocktail.
Do you offer tastings?
- You can taste with us two ways. Our Taste of History is a guided 30-minute tasting and includes 5 samples. Reservations are required for this experience and can be booked here: https://www.stitzelwellerdistillery.com/visit-us
- You can also purchase a self-guided tasting of up to 6 samples and enjoy at one of our bistro tables or on the patio.
Do you have a full cocktail bar?
- Yes! Our Garden & Gun Club (opening mid-July 2021), is a full service bar on the 2nd floor of the distillery. It is currently expected to be open Thursday – Sunday during normal business hours.
- Two cocktails on tap are also always available in our gift shop should the G&G Club be closed, or you want to grab a cocktail quickly before your tour.
Where are you located?
- Stitzel-Weller Distillery is only 15 minutes from downtown Louisville. Since its opening on Derby Day 1935, Stitzel-Weller Distillery has been at the center of bourbon history. Known as the Cathedral of Bourbon, the distillery has produced spirits for countless legends of the craft and today hosts the modern heritage brand Blade and Bow.
- Looking for our sister site, Bulleit Distilling Co.? They are located 45 minutes away from Stitzel-Weller in Shelbyville, KY. Check it out here: https://www.bulleit.com/visit-us/
What is the Garden & Gun Club?
- Designed in partnership with Blade and Bow, the Garden & Gun Club at Stitzel-Weller Distillery, is a bespoke cocktail bar that pairs fine spirits with an intimate, quintessentially Garden & Gun atmosphere. A limited menu of bar bites by executive chef Ann Kim perfectly complements inventive takes on new and classic cocktails. View our menu here: https://www.stitzelwellerdistillery.com/garden-and-gun-club